Dylan White Games
Based in the web
Rift Wizard is a tough as nails shortform roguelike with a 90s retro fantasy aesthetic and a deep spell system. Rift Wizard focuses on high stakes turn based combat, and complex character building. Advanced procedural generation systems throw the player into a series of unique and challenging encounters each run. Players will summon dragons, rain down meteors, stop time, and more. Though a vast library of powerful magic is available, wise and careful planning is required to utilize it effectively. Only after deeply and truly mastering magic can a wizard hope to succeed.
Rift Wizard began as an Ascii prototype developed by Dylan White, with the goal of creating roguelike gameplay with high depth and low randomness. The prototype was never released to the public, but after some very positive responses to the ascii gameplay, a mutual friend introduced Dylan to K.Hoops, and the game grew into its current form.
- Build your spellbook from a huge list of unique spells
- Upgrade and customize each spell to your liking
- Construct a unique playstyle around powerful passive skills
- Engage in challenging turn based combat where every decision counts
- Learn to squeeze every ounce of efficiency out of your limited resources
- Face off against a huge array of mechanically diverse foes
- Carefully manage risk and reward as you chart a course through the universe
- Bathe your senses in a crunchy retro aesthetic
- Relive early 90s rpg gaming: not as it ever was, but as we always imagined it
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Dylan White Games
I am an independant game developer and the author of upcoming PC roguelike Rift Wizard. I believe that the most important aspect of a game is the thought process it inspires in its player. I believe games have the ability to both grow and shrink the human mind, I aim for the former. I strive to create games that inspire creativity, intelligence, and awe.
More information on Dylan White Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rift Wizard Credits
Programming and Design
Art and Sound